Hey everyone, great news: the follow-up to our popular first book, Conversations with Creative Women, is on its way!
Yes, I’ve interviewed a new bunch of fantastically creative and inspiring ladies and Conversations with Creative Women: Volume Two will be released in paperback format later this year.
But we’re still in the early stages of pulling the book together, which is what this post is all about.
I’m on the lookout for title page designers for Volume Two.
In Conversations with Creative Women: Volume One, introducing each interview within the book was a title page designed by another local lady. You can see some of the magnificent examples in this post, and you can read these older posts about the designs and the creative minds behind them.
The title pages, inspired by the work the interviewee is involved in, were such a surprising and enlightening addition to the book as a whole, that I am excited to invite a group of new designers to participate this time.
So if you’re a designer, illustrator, painter, crafter or anyone who would be interested in participating in this new book, read on.
How to apply to design a title page for Conversations with Creative Women: Volume Two:
The application process is simple, but we would greatly appreciate if you could follow these guidelines exactly:
1. Send an email to Tess admin<at>creativewomenscircle.com.au with the subject title ‘Title page designer‘
2. Include a link to your work online in the email and/or attach 2-3 examples of your work as jpegs (under 5mb in total please!)
3. Please note that we cannot accept .zip files or images embedded into Word documents.
If your application is successful:
If your application is successful, you’ll be sent a proper brief, plus a list of the women we’re interviewing for this book. You’ll then have a choice of who you would like to design for!
A few things to note:
- We may receive a lot of applications, so if you are not contacted to participate please do not be discouraged about the quality of your work. We keep all applications on file and there may be other opportunities to contribute at another time.
- If you send examples of your typographic-based work, this will really help us gauge if your style is right for the book.
- The title page can be created in any medium, so even if you’re a sculpter, sewer, or someone who works with three-dimensional materials, consider applying!
- If your application is successful, we will send you the full brief and all the relevant details.
- This project needs to be completed by the end of June 2013, so please consider if you are going to be away or if June is a particularly busy month for you before applying.
- This will not be a paid opportunity, but your professional bio and contact details will appear within the book and you will receive a substantial discount if you choose to purchase a copy of the book when it is released.
Applications close 10pm THIS Sunday 26 May 2013.
I look forward to receiving your application!
Categories: regular columns | Comments Off