Okay – here we are, the Terms & Conditions, or ‘fine print’ of joining as a Member of CWC.
- Creative Women’s Circle, this website and The Circle Database is run by a Board of volunteers. It’s probably not perfect 100% of the time, so any constructive feedback is welcomed. Due to the voluntarily nature of the Board, there might be times where a technical issue takes a little while to be resolved (especially if it needs to be outsourced to the web developers). But as a registered association run by fellow creative women, we’re not the kind of people to take your money and run, so if you feel like you’re getting naught for your dollar, contact us to discuss. We’re nice people, we can work it out!
- CWC won’t sell your personal details to any one else. We take your mailing address so I can post you out things related to being a Member. Most correspondence will be via email.
- CWC will try to promote The Circle Database and our Members to as many people as we can, especially people like stylists, publication editors, bloggers, retailers – the kinds of people who are looking to buy or promote your products and services. Not to mention other Members and the wider CWC community. So if you don’t want to be promoted in this way, you can join as a Member for all the other benefits, but you don’t have to set up a page in The Circle Database.
- CWC has to reserve the right to delete/suspend pages in The Circle Database if we deem them inappropriate. We’re sure it won’t happen very often, and we’ll definitely contact you first to discuss what is uncool about your page. But basically we don’t want anything irrelevant in there because that just makes it annoying for people searching for a woman with specific skills/products.
- You may have noticed that this is the Creative Women’s Circle website. It’s about promoting women and the creative work that they do. Thus, we will not be accepting The Circle Database entries from anyone who does not identify as female. Guys – you’re still more than welcome to join the CWC, either as a Subscriber or Member and attend our public events, listen to the podcasts, read the blog and articles. But The Circle Database is about promoting the creative work of women. Ladies please note, if your business is a partnership with a guy, that’s fine! As long as you’re an equal part of the creative direction and running of the business at all times. Own it. Have questions about this? Contact us.
These T&Cs may be updated/added to over time.