With a loyal readership since 2010, and a growing database of members, the Creative Women’s Circle website is a respected source of information and inspiration for creative Australian women. We're now looking for a motivated individual to realise its potential and take the website to the next level. In consultation with CWC coordinator Tess McCabe, you will manage the CWC website and blog content, liase with contributors, be active on our social media platforms, and develop and manage relationships with advertisers and sponsors.
You'll be an essential partner in the CWC team going forward, and the role will offer chances to be creative and see real results for your efforts!
Ideally you will be a regular reader of the CWC blog, a social media enthusiast with a background in blog advertising/sponsorship management (on your own blog or for a company or client), and have excellent verbal, written & email communication skills.
Self-starters who run their own business, freelancers, or anyone who is looking for a side-project in which to build their profile and network is encouraged to apply. This would also be an ideal position for a full-time carer (e.g. a mum) with prior experience in this realm, as the hours are flexible, the work can be done from home and the networking opportunities are invaluable!
- Manage the blog post schedule
- Liase with blog contributors via email and address their queries
- Proofread and schedule weekly blog posts
- Post regularly to Twitter and Facebook about blog content, engage with social media followers and answer follower questions/queries
- Launch website advertising and liase directly with regular sponsors
- Develop creative website advertising/revenue concepts and bring them to fruition
- Engage with sponsorship partners to create interesting and engaging promotion campaigns
- Investigate partnerships with other like-minded blogs and businesses
- Excellent verbal, written & email communication skills
- Organised and efficient
- Personable with a desire to meet and engage with new people online
- Experience with the Wordpress blog platform
- Experienced and active in the social media realm (e.g. with your own blog/social media platforms), especially Twitter and Facebook
- Takes direction and shows initiative
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Prior social media management experience for a company or not-for-profit
- Prior experience liasing with advertisers in a blog setting
- Experience with MailChimp or other HTML newsletter software
- Experience analysing Google Analytics data
- Have attended a CWC event in the past
- Basic Photoshop skills and/or graphic design skills
Payment: After an intitial flat sum, this position will be paid based on the website revenue developed. This will be discussed during the interview process.
Please send a friendly email to Tess via admin<at>creativewomenscircle.com.au, outlining your background, skills, abilities, and any prior website/blog management experience.
Applications close 6pm Friday 26 April 2013 and successful candidates will be contacted for an informal interview shortly after.
Any queries can be directed to Tess at the above email address. Thanks!